(best Chocolate Frosting!) Chocolate Rootbeer Cake
- Servings: 12-16
|* 2 Cups of Root Beer|
|* 1 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder|
|* 1 Stick of Unsalted Butter, cut into 1" pieces|
|* 1 1/4 Cups Sugar|
|* 1/2 Cup Firmly Packed Dark Brown Sugar|
|* 2 Cups of All-purpose Flour|
|* 1 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda|
|* 1 Tsp Salt|
|* 2 Eggs|
|* 2 Ounces Bittersweet Chocolate|
|Melted & Cooled Slightly|
|* 1 Stick of Unsalted Butter, at room temp|
|* 1 Tsp Salt|
|* 1/4 Cup of Root Beer|
|* 2/3 Cup of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder|
|* 2 1/2 Cups Confectioners' Sugar|
1. Preheat the oven to 325. Spray they inside of a 10-inch bundt pan with cooking spray.
2. In a medium saucepan, heat the root beer, cocoa powder and butter over medium heat until the butter is melted. Add the sugars and whisk until dissolved. Remove from the heat and pour into a large bowl to let cool.
3. In a medium bowl whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together.
4. In a small bowl whisk the eggs until beaten, then whisk the eggs into the cooled cocoa mixture. Gradually whisk the flour mixture into the cocoa mixture until just combined. Do not over mix, as the cake will become tough.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean, rotating the pan half-way through the baking time. Transfer the cake to wire rack to cool. Once fully cooled, turn the cake out onto the rack.
6. While the cake is cooling, prepare the frosting. Simply mix all the ingredients together on medium speed in a stand mixer using a paddle attachment until smooth.
7. Using a spatula, generously spread the frosting all over the bundt cake.
Then enjoy the cake and any leftover frosting! You can even serve it with vanilla ice cream to make a cake root beer float!