Butterscotch Lava Cake
Submitted by: AliceMcKean | Source: Betty Crocker 2007 Fall Baking
- Servings: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12-14 minutes
- Total Time: 30-35 minutes
|6 Tbsp||Graham Cracker Crumbs|
|1 cup||Butterscotch Chips, 6 ounces|
|⅔ cup||Butter or Margarine|
|¾ cup||Brown Sugar, packed|
|½ cup||All-purpose Flour|
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray bottoms and sides of 6 (6 ounces) custard cups or ramekins
with baking spray with flour. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon cracker crumbs onto bottom and sides of each cup.
2. In 1-quart saucepan, melt butterscotch chips and over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove
from heat,stirring constantly. Remove from heat;
cool slightly about 5 minutes.
3. In a large bowl beat whole eggs and egg yolks with wire whisk until well blended. Beatin brown sugar. Beat in melted butterscotch mixture and flour until well blended. Divide batter evenly among ramekins, Place ramekins on cookie sheet with sides.
4. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until sides are set and centers are still soft (tops will be puffed and cracked). Let stand 3 minutes. Run small knife or metal spatula along sides of cakes to loosen. Immediately place on individual dessert plates upside down over top of each cup; turn plate and cup over. Remove cup. Serve warm.