Chocolate Cake With Whipped Cream Cheese Filling & Chocolate Ganache
Submitted by: Kmakris11 | Source: myself
- Servings: 10
- Prep Time: an hour and a half
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours
|• 2 1/4 Cup Flour|
|• 3/4 Cup Cocoa Powder|
|• 3 Teaspoon Baking Powder|
|• 3/4 Teaspoon Salt|
|• 9 Eggs|
|• 3 Cup Granulated Sugar|
|• 1 Cup Water|
|• 3 Teaspoon Instant Coffee|
|• 3 Cup Whipping Cream|
|• 1 Oz Package Cream Chesse|
|• 3 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar|
|• Additional Whipping Cream, for frosting entire roll if desired|
|• 9 Ounces Bittersweet Chocolate, chopped|
|• 1 Cup Heavy Cream|
|• 1 Teaspoon of Kailua Liquor|
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Place rack in center of oven.
2. Line a cake pan with waxed paper or aluminum foil. Spray paper or foil with non-stick spray. This makes it much easier to lift cake from pan without cracking it.
3. In a small bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
4. In a large mixer bowl, beat eggs on high speed for 5 minutes.
5. Gradually beat in granulated sugar.
6. Turn mixer to low and blend water and vanilla into egg mixture.
7. Slowly add flour mixture, beating just until batter is smooth.
8. Pour batter on to prepared paper on jelly roll pan and spread into the corners.
9. Bake in center of oven 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
10. Cool cake on wire rack, allowing it to cool completely.
11. Whip cream on high speed in mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Sprinkle in 1 tablespoon granulated sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Do not overbeat.
12. Spread whipped cream on cake, taking care to go clear to the edges.
13. Sprinkle lightly with additional powdered sugar, wrap in plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator until serving time.
14. Place the chocolate into a medium bowl. Heat the cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil, watching very carefully because if it boils for a few seconds, it will boil out of the pot. When the cream has come to a boil, pour over the chopped chocolate, and whisk until smooth. Stir in the rum if desired
15. Allow the ganache to cool slightly before pouring over a cake. Start at the center of the cake and work outward. For a fluffy frosting or chocolate filling, allow it to cool until thick, and then whip with a whisk until light and fluffy.