Light Carrot Cake Cupcakes W/cream Cheese Frosting
- Servings: 24 cupcakes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
- Total Time: 30-40 minutes
|For The Cupcakes|
|1½ cup||Grated Carrots|
|1 cup||Whole Wheat Flour|
|1½ cup||All-purpose Flour|
|1 tsp||Baking Powder|
|1 tsp||Baking Soda|
|¼ tsp||Ground Allspice|
|¼ tsp||Ground Nutmeg|
|¼ tsp||Ground Cinnamon|
|1⅓ cup||Sugar or 1/2 C Sugar Substitute & 1/2 C Sugar|
|¼ cup||Dark Brown Sugar|
|1 cup||Non-fat Plain Yogurt|
|¼ cup||Unsweetened Applesauce|
|¼ cup||Canola Oil|
|For The Frosting|
|1× 8 oz pkg||1/3 of The Fat Cream Cheese, softened|
|2 Tbsp||Butter, room temperature|
|1½ tsp||Vanilla Extract|
|Pinch of Salt|
|2 cup||Confectioner's Sugar, sifted|
1. Preheat oven to 350. Place cupcake liners in muffins tins.
2. Place grated carrots into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
3. Put flours, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt into the bowl of a food processor or stand mixer. Pulse or mix for about for about 10 seconds. Add the flour mixture to the grated carrots and toss to coat.
4. Next add the sugars, eggs, yogurt, and applesauce to the bowl of the food processor/stand mixer and pulse/beat until creamy. Add in the oil and mix until well-combined.
5. Pour the sugar mixture in the carrots and stir until just moistened.
6. Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 full and bake for 20-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Remove cupcakes to wire rack and allow to cool completely.
Preparing the Frosting
1. Using a stand mixer, beat cream cheese and butter together until blended. Add in the vanilla and salt and beat until smooth. Add in the confectioner's sugar, a 1/2 cup at a time, and beat until smooth and creamy.
2. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes before frosting cooled cupcakes.
3. Store leftover cupcakes in refrigerator.