Strawberry Cupcakes With White Chocolate Mascarpone Frosting
- Servings: 15-18 depending on muffin cup size
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 50 min
|1½ cup||Fresh Strawberries [save 10 Whole To Add To The Top]|
|1½ cups||All Purpose Flour|
|1½ Tbsp||Baking Powder|
|½ cup||Unsalted Butter, room temperature|
|1 tsp||Vanilla Extract|
|¼ cup||Half & Half|
|2× 8-oz||Containers Mascarpone|
|2 cups||Confectioner's Sugar|
|½ tsp||Vanilla Extract|
|1½ Tbsp||Half & Half|
|1||White Chocolate Baking Bar, shredded using a peeler or rasper, for top.|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
2) Rinse strawberries and cut off the stems. In a bowl, mash berries with a wooden spoon until they are slightly macerated.
3) In medium bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
4) In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla. Add the eggs, one at a time and mix until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
5) Add half the flour, the half and half, and the rest of the flour, beating at low speed after each just until combined. Do not overmix.
6) Fold in the strawberries by hand.
7) Divide the batter evenly, using a 1/4-cup measure or large spoon. Bake for 25 minutes, or until done.
8) Cool on a rack for 10 minutes, take cupcakes out of pan and cool completely.
You can use a pastry bag to pipe the frosting or use a spatula. I used a plastic zip-lock bag, cut a small tip off one corner and used a decorative piping point. Top each cupcake with a strawberry half and the grated white chocolate.
In large bowl, beat mascarpone until smooth; gradually beat in confectioners sugar. Add vanilla and enough of the half-and-half to make a spreadable consistency.