- Servings: 10-12 servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour; 45 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours; 15 minutes
|*1 1/2 Cups of Cake Flour|
|*1 1/2 Cups of Self-rising Flour|
|*1 Package of Lemon Jello Pudding, sugar and fat-free is fine|
|*3 Cups of Sugar|
|*1 Pound (as In "pound Cake") of Unsalted Butter--softened|
|*1 (8 Ounce) Tub of Sour Cream|
|*1 Teaspoon Lemon Extract|
|*2 Teaspoons of Fresh, lemon zest|
1. Pre-heat oven to 315F degrees (gas oven)
2. Grease and flour bundt or tub cake pan
3. Sift together both flours--set aside
4. Beat eggs in a separate bowl--set aside
5. Cream together sugar and butter, in a large bowl.
6. Adding to the butter-sugar mixture, alternate between the flour and eggs--blending in each(starting with the flours), a little at a time until both are completely added.
7. Mix in the sour cream.
8. Lastly, mix in the lemon extract and lemon zest, blending in completely.
9. Bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes; or until a toothpick or fork prongs come out clean when inserted into the cake's center.
10. Allow to cool (set) in the pan for approximately 15 minutes; then, remove from the pan, and allow to cool on the rack for another 15 minutes.